Important announcement: TAAE and the iPhone 6S
I've got an important announcement for you about the iPhone 6S.
tl;dr: If you can, test your app on a 6S. If it's not working (or if you're in doubt), update your TAAE version.
Revision for clarity: If your app does not record audio from the mic - you're probably all good. This problem mainly affects mic input.
Turns out, the 6S (and the 6S Plus) is a tricky little device: unlike those that have come before, the iPhone 6S's hardware sample rate cannot be changed when there's no headset or audio interface plugged into it: it's jammed in the 48 kHz position. What's annoying is that in certain circumstances there are mismatches between the input and the output frame count for any given time interval. This is probably due to the need for sample rate converters, but it's causing havoc with many apps, including some of those built with TAAE.
I've just fast-tracked a new TAAE release (1.5.1) which accounts for these mismatches, and have submitted a version of Loopy with these changes for testing.
Note: this isn't thoroughly tested yet, because I thought it a better idea to get it out to you now. Please do take it for a spin, and let me know how it goes.
You can grab TAAE 1.5.1 from Cocoapods, or the Github repo. You can see the set of changes on the Github page.
This problem also affects Inter-App Audio and Audiobus; we've got an internal Audiobus SDK build that's now working, and we'll get that out to you as soon as we can (only output apps will need this update).
While I've got your attention: you may have noticed the iPad Air 2 has truly enormous playthrough latency. If you've got an audio app and audio sync is important, I strongly recommend setting AEAudioController's automaticLatencyManagement setting to YES. This will be on by default soon.