Apple TV support?

any plans for an Apple TV Support?

it's probably just a few changes...

all the best
joerg

Comments

• Hopefully very few changes at all, if any, given that it's basically iOS! I don't see any reason why TAAE shouldn't support tvOS.

• i sucessfully compiled it. only a few lines to change. there's no audio in at the moment in the tvOS SDK. so i had to disable the audio in request.
    haven't really tested it but i will as soon as i get my Dev Kit.

best
    joerg

• I too was able to compile it, with three changes for tvOS. Maybe this is a good time to figure out how to do a pull request...

I'm new to TAAE, and I'm trying to do something that's probably far above my skill (so far!), so my first question is:

I see the docs on multi-channel input support -- should I expect to be able to access multi-channel outputs as well? Essentially I want to "tap into" the stereo signal (likely streaming, not file-based), and "do math" on those, and route the results to the multi-channel HDMI outputs. A custom surround-sound matrix, for example. Is this a crazy project scope for someone new to audio on iOS/tvOS?

• @notio: Multichannel output is something I intend to add over the next 6 months or so, as I need it for my own project. It's not in there yet, though, and it's quite a complicated procedure to implement it, requiring replacing all the (stereo) multichannel mixers with matrix mixers and rewriting the panning code, among other things.

• edited November 2015

@jpiringer and @notio If you don't mind, would you please share the minor code changes that you made in order for TAAE to work with tvOS?

Thanks,

Mark

• Check out the latest commit - @palad1 has made a pull request with tvOS support. I've not tested this (just looked through and made sure it looked kosher), so would appreciate any feedback.

• I pod installed the latest commit of TAAE with the following, and deployed it successfully to my Apple TV without a hitch:

pod 'TheAmazingAudioEngine', :git => 'https://github.com/TheAmazingAudioEngine/TheAmazingAudioEngine.git', :commit => 'de49d013e6c06ca28c8be662e8c513b761b84cd4'

The only warning upon deployment was:

'kAUVoiceIOProperty_VoiceProcessingQuality' is deprecated: first deprecated in tvOS 7.0

Thanks, @palad1 for the pull request, and thanks @Michael for committing it!

Take care,

Mark

• Great!

I haven't experimented with this at all - what capabilities does this bad boy have? Does recording work?