Audio Metering Class - Objective-C

edited February 2015

If you guys are interested I created an Open Source Objective-C class for Audio Metering
https://github.com/distraub/AMMeter

It plugs in nicely to The Amazing Audio Engine :)
You can see it in action in my latest VLog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12LZxzRjZek

Comments

• Thanks for sharing that open source class, Alex! I'll be sure to check it out. I'm looking forward to Plaster when it comes out. You make quality apps.

Thanks for posting your video blog, too.

• You're welcome, and thank you!
    Alex

• @distraub is it possible to give a swift example. ? Thanks alex

• @distraub can you share some tips on how you optimized your audio view? It loads so quickly. I've been working on one recently and it is very slow. I assume because i'm looking at too many samples.

• @CreateLex said:
    @distraub is it possible to give a swift example. ? Thanks alex

I haven't took the plunge and started writing any audio swift yet, but I am surely open to pull requests :D

• @marko said:
    @distraub can you share some tips on how you optimized your audio view? It loads so quickly. I've been working on one recently and it is very slow. I assume because i'm looking at too many samples.

When I am loading the audiobuffer to play, I set a property on my waveform view class with the buffer, in the setAudioBuffer method I downsample based on what I will be displaying on the screen, and then use that to build the array that I render from.

Building the array that I will render from by simply taking the width of the screen * the scale and divide your buffer length in frames by that to get your downsample factor. I then iterate through the buffer array skipping frames by incrementing my counter + downsample factor.

I hope that helps

• @distraub never mind i got it to work using Swift using another objective C Class Mater. in fact most of my apps are written in Swift :)