Getting started - undefined symbols

edited April 2013

I'm just experimenting with TAAE, starting with writing an audio file, and I think I've followed the instructions for including it in my project, but I get this build error (and a similar result when using the simulator):

Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
  "AEAudioFileWriterAddAudio(AEAudioFileWriter*, AudioBufferList*, unsigned long)", referenced from:
      ioUnitInputCallback(void*, unsigned long*, AudioTimeStamp const*, unsigned long, unsigned long, AudioBufferList*)in AudioManager.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7

Perhaps I've put the Git directory in the wrong place, but this works for AEAudioFileWriterAddAudio to be recognised in my own .h file:

#import "TheAmazingAudioEngine-master/TheAmazingAudioEngine/TheAmazingAudioEngine.h"

Any ideas?

Comments

• Although I haven't solved this problem, I've used a truly ugly workaround.

The Xcode project with the problem was first created in Xcode 3.x for iOS 3.x, and my hypothesis was that something in the .xcodeproject structure was incompatible with TAAE. I was unable to find out why. I tested this by installing it successfully in a new 4.x project.

So now I am going through the horrible process of moving all the files carefully into the new project, and test, test, test... and hope that our beta testers catch any problems I missed.

• Oh good lord, that is horrible. I'm afraid I don't know either - I've only got relatively modern projects, and no old copy of Xcode, so I'm afraid there's not much I can do from here.

• Facing similar problems